Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fancy Schmancy Fashion

VSJ Original 1999
Madame American Starlet: I wouldn't be caught dead in that - well at least not tonight!!

Seasoned Stylist (Exasperated with French Accent) : Oui Madame, mais...we have looked at over 100 dresses, what exactly are you looking for?

Madame American Starlet (Southern Drawl):  Well, I want it to be elegant but different, on trend but not common, memorable but not ugly, simple but not boring, modern but classic, bold but subdued, easy to walk in and not wrinkle when I sit, flattering to my body shape and coloring. Do you understand? I need to be on the best dressed list!! Oh and have pockets - very important!

Seasoned Stylist: d'accord...sigh!

What will we see tonight at the Oscars?
Bold Bright Colors, Yellow, Orange, ORCHID -Black and White - We know the Cobalt and Cherry colors are a definite. Will anyone dare to go with Tribal Patterns, Geometric or Artistic Abstracts? Please leave the Animal Print home - Floral - YES I am hopeful - the younger ladies can pull this off! Lace? Gold? or any Metallic for that matter - Pleating - ahhh yes - soft symmetry, long lines - mathematics people!!

Hair - Safe to say Sleek and Straight,  Bobs, Braids and Waves are always in - suppose the trends will all get a pass.

Make-Up - all I ask is that they are able to move their face and lips - too much is just too much.

Bling - must have from head to toe.

Her Date: Suit - can't go wrong - lol - If they are bold enough - maybe Asger Juel Larsen!*

I know we will see the usual Valentino, Oscar, Givenchy, Balmain, Carolina Herrera, Armani, Versace, Reem Acra and the list goes on - you know who you are - but would love to see designers like Clover Canyon, Dion Lee, Dennis Basso and Charlotte Licha.

Shout OUT and totally unrelated:
Altuzarra - I love your coats!!!!!
*Where are the Scandinavians???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picks - I would suggest Dilek Hanif - gorgeous clothes.

by Lisa and Nicole said...

Yes I love Ms. Hanif and Elie Saab and so on especially "Stephane Rolland" - the way the fabric moves - I just want to scream!!

Anonymous said...

I always love seeing Herrera and Valentino on the red carpet. Maybe one day they will dress me!!! Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing Robert Downey Jr. and Leonardo DiCaprio no matter what they wear. Woooooo!

by Lisa and Nicole said...

Ahhhhh...I am sure they will look handsome.