Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FILM...HONEY


“HANCOCK”

Ambrosia's Take 3

Will I sign my ‘Hancock’ to this one? Sorry Will. Just the fact that the reigning Summer Blockbuster King, Will Smith, was starring in this film, made me want to go out and see it. Hark! The King disappointed me verily. This was one movie where I didn’t mind taking a bathroom break. Halfway through the film, I was hoping beyond hope that it would get better – but to no avail. Although the story was an interesting and unique one, it felt as though the screenplay was written by Junior High School students while they were rushing through the front doors to start summer vacation. No offense to Junior High School kids. There were so many corny lines and holes that I lost count and frankly, I reverted to counting the minutes til the end credits instead. “Hancock” had so much potential to be a hit, but it ended up hitting rock bottom for me.

I will not give away a thing for those who are still interested in seeing “Hancock”, but in the end, there was a cheap attempt at hinting to a possible franchise, whereas Part II would take place in New York City. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not New York!!!

No comments: